The town of Juliette is an unincorporated town, which was first called Glover, after Dr. Glover, who built the cotton mill near the river in East Juliette. Juliette received its name from the daughter of the engineer that built the railroad in 1882. Her name was Juliette McCracken. McCracken Street is still the name of the main street today.
Continue reading WhistleStop Cafe: Home of Fried Green Tomatoes